Quick Facts About Hostgator:
- Offers shared, VPS, and dedicated server plans
- Both Linux and Windows hosting available
- Unlimited bandwidth and data
- Host multiple domains and websites on a single account
- 25/7 phone support
- Uses Cpanel for shared and VPS hosting accounts
Current Hostgator Coupons:
Get 20% Off at Hostgator
How do I use Hostgator Coupons?
To take advantage of the coupons on this page, simply click the Get this Coupon button above for the coupon you would like to use. This will take you to a Hostgator page where you can select the hosting plan you want.
On the next page, you will notice that the coupon code will automatically be entered into the appropriate field, giving you the discounted price. This page will also require you to enter a new domain for your website, or if you already own a domain, enter in the name of an existing domain that you have already registered.
The remaining steps should be self explanatory. You will be asked to provide the usual information required for online purchases, such as name, email, address, and credit card information.
What kind of control panel does Hostgator offer?
Hostgator's plans are managed through CPanel, one of the most popular and easy to use control panels in the web hosting business. This control panel allows you to add multiple domains to a single account, create databases, manage users, install programs with a click of a button, and perform other tasks quickly and with minimal hassle.
Which plan should I select?
Hostgator is a scalable host that offers quite a few options when it comes to hosting your websites. We suggest the following guidelines for selecting a plan:
- Hatchling Plan - Select this plan if you only intend to have one website with not much traffic. If there is any chance you will be setting up more than one website, you should not select this plan.
- Baby Plan - This is a good beginner plan if you want to create more than one site. We think this plan is appropriate if you would like to create 2 or 3 modest sites and manage them from a single account.
- Business Plan - If you are going to put more than 2 or 3 sites up, then we recommend the Business plan. It comes with a private IP address and SSL, which are both necessary if you intend to do any e-commerce. If you think your sites will get a moderate amount of traffic, you should select this plan as well even if you don't intend to engage in e-commerce.
Do I need a VPS or Dedicated Server?
In most cases, if you are running a straightforward, information-based website or blog, you will not need a VPS or dedicated server. The advantage of having this kind of plan is that you can customize the server and run advanced scripts. Both VPS and dedicated servers give you root access to the server, which means you have total control over the server and can run it any way you want. This allows you to set up multiple sites, install third party applications, and even run game servers in some instances. If you are planning to run a highly sophisticated website, then you can start with a VPS plan, and scale up to a dedicated server eventually should that need arise.
Is there a moneyback guarantee?
Yes. Hostgator has a 45-day moneyback guarantee. This allows you to set up an account risk free, and get your money back if you are not satisfied with the hosting services provided.
Hostgator was founded in 2002 by Brent Oxley, who started the business from his dorm room when he was still a college student. The company has seen explosive growth, and today it manages over 12,000 servers out of its 4 data centers located in Texas. Hostgator is widely recognized as a leading host and has received numerous awards. It is also currently TopHostRankings.com's, #1 rated host for shared hosting plans.